Posted: Friday, September 1st, 2017
- Sun Street Centers celebrates National Recovery Happens Month in September with a variety of upbeat and positive activities. Our purpose is to call attention to all the thousands of individuals and families that recover from alcoholism and drug addiction, and live productive, happy lives all around us! Some of our upcoming activities include:
- SEPTEMBER 3 – An Old -Fashioned Family Fun Day, Sunday September 3, 1pm-5pm at the Sheriff’s Posse Grounds. Live Music, BBQ, lots of activities for kids, motorcycle contest, live music, dunk tank, etc. Food tickets are $15. To purchase tickets in advance call 831-753-5145
- SEPTEMBER 5 – Proclamation at Salinas City Council meeting 4pm
- SEPTEMBER 6 – Proclamation at Hollister City Council, 6:30pm
- SEPTEMBER 6 – A trip to the California State Capitol. Alumni in recovery from substance abuse travel to Sacramento to rally with others from around the State to bring a message of long-term recovery to State legislature. The bus to the Capitol will be leaving from 8 Sun Street in Salinas at 6am.
- SEPTEMBER 12 – Proclamation from the Board of Supervisors at 10am. All Alumni and people in long-term recovery invited to attend and show support for recovery.
Sun Street Centers is headquartered in Salinas, CA with facilities in Seaside, Marina and Soledad. We serve over 10,000 people a year in alcohol and drug prevention, treatment and recovery services. For further information about Sun Street Centers please call Anna Foglia/CEO, at (831) 753-5144 ext. 1 and visit us at www.sunstreetcenters.org.
For more on National Recovery Happens Month go to https://recoverymonth.gov/