Posted: Tuesday, March 8th, 2022
Responsible for individual counseling for participants. Ability to conduct assessments including treatment plans for individuals. Serving the special needs of program participants and individuals in a treatment facility. Facilitate group for participants in a residential program. Activities are designed to support environmental change for individual recovery in a Social Model setting using evidenced-based curriculum (Matrix).
Experience working with adults in the alcohol and drug addictions field. State Certification and familiar with Medi-CAL and EHR (Electronic Health Records) via AVATAR.
POSITION: SUD Counselor – Certified
LOCATION: San Luis Obispo
HOURS: Full-time, plus, Benefits
APPLY BY: Will accept applications until filled
APPLY AT: Anna Foglia at email@example.com
FAX: (831) 753-6005 Attn: Anna Foglia
The following responsibilities represent the essential functions of the position. (Some duties are assigned based on time of day worked):
- Support program participants in their recovery; facilitate group discussions; confer with participants individually. Facilitate a minimum of two – twelve-week courses of Matrix Group Counseling sessions per year.
- Assist with intake, assessment, recovery, and exit plans for “Guest Room” (Social Detoxification area) and primary program.
- Crisis and emergency intervention, as needed.
- Plans, monitors, and supports the efforts of residents in the maintenance of a neat, clean and safe facility. Assign work projects, dispatch community outings in company vehicles, monitor telephone and lobby operations, and prepare activities board.
- Assures timely communications with persons served, funding sources, staff, and families. Works closely with the justice system, probation, and County Behavioral Health staff.
- Assures compliance with agency policies and procedures.
- Maintain a caseload of participants; monitor and document recovery plan goals; monthly progress notes.
- Plan and direct recreational, vocational or educational activities for program participants. Such as volunteering at special events, helping search for and secure employment, and community education/outreach activities.
- Assures compliance with all safety regulations.
- Assures compliance with all client confidentiality requirements.
- Attend regularly scheduled staff meetings.
- May perform special projects or other duties as assigned to assure the efficiency and effectiveness of the program.
Required knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively and provide excellent customer service with adults and families.
- Ability to successfully facilitate individual and group discussions.
- Ability to observe, evaluate, document and communicate verbally and in writing; use of computer to input observations and required documentation
- Knowledge of alcohol and drug addiction treatment, recovery, 12-step recovery process, and the effect of alcohol and drugs within family systems.
- Knowledge of Community Resources.
- Ability to communicate and lead in a culturally competent and sensitive manner.
- Ability to handle crisis and emergency situations with good judgment and self-restraint.
Constant movement around service area, and travel into the community. Time spent sitting, using a computer station, periods of intense concentration, using the telephone, paperwork. Time spent in meetings, travel to various work site locations throughout the County. Exposure to outdoor weather and environmental conditions.
NOTE: Employees will be required to be double vaccinated with booster for COVID-19, fingerprinted, and will be subject to clearance by the department of Justice.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Racial/ethnic minorities, women, people with disabilities, Vietnam veterans, and people in Recovery are encouraged to apply for all positions