Posted: Wednesday, July 27th, 2022
Oversight responsibility for a 55 bed men’s residential treatment center. State Department of Health Care Services and Medi-Cal licensing oversite and compliance; Contract negotiations, compliance to multiple contracted funding sources; budget development and implementation. Staff supervision. Program planning and implementation to meet agency, program, and participant goals. Community outreach and public speaking for the advancement of prevention, treatment, and recovery from substance abuse.
Four-year college degree or equivalent, plus 5 years of administrative experience working with people with alcohol and/or drug abuse problems in a substance use disorder treatment environment. Education requires State Dept of Health Care SUD Certification.
The following responsibilities represent the essential functions of the position. An employee in this classification is responsible for carrying out the following functions:
- Oversees broad implementation of services and operations, directs new business and service design, leads departmental efforts toward quality improvement.
- Supervision of department managers and coordinators.
- Works in the agency planning effort to design and implement programs and services supporting the long-term participant goals.
- Performs continual evaluation of agency services and or departmental functions measuring activities against quality standards. Recommend and design plans for continual improvement.
- Responsible for financial planning and budgeting as well as monitoring and forecasting for assigned departments.
- Assures regulatory and contractual compliance of all program and operational services under area of assignment. Leads the highest standards for a safe work environment.
- Leads departmental efforts of staff development.
- Negotiates new contracts and services, develops primary relationships with funders and regulatory agencies.
- Attends and participates in meetings of the Board of Directors and assigned Sub-Committees proving staff support and making presentations and reports as needed.
- May perform other duties as assigned to assure the efficiency of the program.
Reports To: CPO or CEO
Supervisory Responsibility: Yes
A four-year college degree, especially in social work, education, or related field, or State certification in substance use disorder, or equivalent, plus 3-5 years of administrative experience working with families with alcohol and/or drug abuse problems in a treatment or prevention, intervention, or recovery environment.
Education may require State-wide certification.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Power Point, and various databases
- Knowledge of 12 Steps and Traditions of AA and NA
- Knowledge of community outreach/education
- Ability to interact effectively with diverse groups
- Ability to communicate and lead in a culturally competent and sensitive manner.
- Excellent written communications
- Ability to analyze data and produce reports
- Ability to lead and manage change
PHYSICAL & ENVIROMENTAL CONDITIONS
An enclosed office environment. Time spent sitting, using a computer station, periods of intense concentration, using the telephone, paperwork. Time spent in meetings, travel to various work site locations throughout the county. Some exposure to outdoor weather conditions.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Racial/ethnic minorities, women, people with disabilities, Vietnam veterans, and people in Recovery are encouraged to apply for all positions