Posted: Thursday, April 14th, 2022
Responsible for facilitating the operation of a Residential Living Environment, serving the special needs of program participants involved with the criminal justice system, who are under the influence of alcohol or other drugs. Provide medical observation and substance abuse referral. Maintain safe, cooperative, caring atmosphere.
High School diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent, basic knowledge and or experience in the alcohol and drug addictions field. This is a great opportunity and experience for those seeking a career in the AOD, criminal justice and or nursing field.
POSITION: Medical Assistant
LOCATION: King City
HOURS: Graveyard & Weekends shifts – Part Time
APPLY BY: Will accept applications until filled
APPLY AT: Marian Casillas at firstname.lastname@example.org
FAX: (831) 753-6005 Attn: Mariana Casillas
- Conduct registration process with law enforcement.
- Check client into center and document all client possessions and valuables.
- Complete client intake documentation
- Monitor Sobering Center clients every hour, at a minimum. Check vitals. Report serious medical issues to supervisor and/or emergency services, as appropriate.
- Act as security guard for the Sobering Center facility and grounds.
- Light clerical duties, as assigned, such as making copies, and building intake packets.
- Maintain clean facility, may include laundry. Provide snacks and liquids to clients.
- Crisis and emergency intervention, as needed.
- Provide referrals and resources for program participants.
- Prepare discharge paperwork and arrange transportation for client.
- Assures compliance with all safety regulations and client confidentiality requirements
- May perform special projects or other duties as assigned to assure the efficiency and effectiveness of the Sobering Center program
Required knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to effectively deal with and provide excellent customer service with adults and families.
- Ability to handle crisis and emergency situations with good judgment and self-restraint.
- Ability to observe, evaluate, document and communicate verbally and in writing; use of computer to input observations and required documentation
- Knowledge of alcohol and drug addiction treatment, recovery, and 12-step recovery process.
- Ability to work with community resources including law enforcement.
- Ability to communicate in a culturally competent and sensitive manner.
Constant movement around facility. Time spent sitting, using a computer station, periods of intense concentration, using the telephone, paperwork. Exposure to some outdoor weather and environmental conditions.
NOTE: Employees will be required to be vaccinated, boosted, fingerprinted, and will be subject to clearance by the department of Justice.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Racial/ethnic minorities, women, people with disabilities, Vietnam veterans, and people in Recovery are encouraged to apply for all positions