Sun Street Centers celebrates National Recovery Happens Month In September with a variety of activities. The purpose is to call attention to all the individuals and families that recover from alcoholism and drug addiction. (See samsha.gov for more info). Activities include:
· Trip to the Capitol TODAY, Wednesday, September 4, 2013 – Men in recovery from substance abuse travel to Sacramento to rally with others from around the State.
· Proclamation, City of Marina: TONIGHT Wednesday, September 4, 2013, 6:30pm, at the Marina City Hall, 22 Hillcrest Avenue, in Marina.
· Proclamation, City of Seaside: Thursday, September 5, 2013, 7:00pm, at the Seaside City Hall, 440 Harcourt Avenue, in Seaside.
· MYO frozen Yogurt Fundraiser for Salinas Youth Prevention, Friday, September 6, 2013, All Day, Mention Sun Street Centers when you purchase frozen yogurt and 20% proceeds got to Safe Teens Empowerment (STEPS) youth program.
· Sun Street Centers 45th anniversary and Open House at 8 Sun Street in Salinas. Friday, September 20, 2013, 11am to 2pm. Tours and buffet lunch.
· Lunch at the Train Station – Tuesday, September 24, 2013, Community Outreach, free lunch at Salinas Train Station, learn more about local recovery services.
Sun Street Centers is headquartered in Salinas, CA with facilities in Seaside, Marina and King City. We serve over 8000 people a year in alcohol and drug prevention, treatment and recovery services.
For further information about Sun Street Centers please call Anna Foglia/CEO, at (831) 753-5144 ext. 1 or Sheryl Merrill at 809-4229 and visit us at www.sunstreetcenters.org