Posted: Thursday, February 23rd, 2017
Provides resources support and training to members of the Recovery community, staff and program participants in a sober living environment to facilitate agency and program goals. Assist parents and youth with child development needs, access services in the community, provide for services in a community center, oversee cooperative daycare; responsible for child safety procedures at the community center.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent plus one year of related experience working with people with alcohol and/or addictions or AA plus 3 years of related experience.
POSITION: Child Development Specialist
LOCATION: Marina, CA
HOURS: Full-time position with benefits
APPLY BY: Will accept applications until filled
APPLY AT: Gloria Fernandez at email@example.com or Fax: (831) 753-6005
The following responsibilities represent the essential functions of the position. An employee in this classification is responsible for carrying out the following functions:
- Acts as a resource for alcohol and drug addiction information, treatment, education, and/or prevention.
- Work with Housing Authority and Department of Social Services to ensure additional supports for youth of families in recovery from alcoholism and or addiction.
- Provides oversight of Cooperative Day Care, including training the Community member assigned as Co-Op Day Care Coordinator.
- Provide for operations and services for all child development services referred to community resources, or at the Nancy Dodd Community Center including case management, communications, and advocacy; assure provision of quality services.
- Assures timely communications with persons served, funding sources, staff, and management and community volunteers.
- Attend team meetings and participates in the development and implementation of the Agency planning effort including departmental budgeting, policies and procedures, and the implementation of Agency goals.
- Assures compliance with agency policies and procedures.
- Conducts tours, presentations, and participates in client orientations, and move-ins.
- Assures compliance with all safety regulations.
- Assures compliance with all client confidentiality requirements.
- May perform special projects or other duties as assigned to assure the efficiency of the program.
Reports To: Program Manager
Supervisory Responsibility: as assigned
Required knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of child development theory and practices; ability to maintain a rapport with children and parents.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and databases.
- Ability to communicate effectively and provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to facilitate systems and checks to assure delivery of quality service and product to internal and external customers.
- Ability to observe, evaluate, document and communicate verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of alcohol and drug addiction treatment and prevention program development.
- Ability to communicate and lead in a culturally competent and sensitive manner.
Constant movement around service area, and travel into the community. Time spent sitting, using a computer station, periods of intense concentration, using the telephone, paperwork. Time spent in meetings, travel to various work site locations throughout the County. Exposure to outdoor weather and environmental conditions.
NOTE: Employees will be required to be fingerprinted and will be subject to clearance by the department of Justice.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Racial/ethnic minorities, women, people with disabilities, Vietnam veterans, and people in Recovery are encouraged to apply for all positions.