Sun Street Centers believes that healthy communities, families and individuals must be guided by the values of inclusion, respect and equality. Intolerance and subtler forms of insensitivity or exclusion have no place in an organization dedicated to community health issues.
Sun Street Centers’ employees, Board members and volunteers commit to the following:
- We will foster an inclusive, affirming, and respectful climate in our workplace and in all areas of Sun Street Centers’ influence.
- We will actively recruit persons of diverse cultures that represent our constituency in positions of direct service, management and Board leadership.
- We will promote cultural competent communication between co-workers, program participants, volunteers, Board members and other community members with respect to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion, age, veteran status, and other group identities.
- We will engage in the personal and professional growth required to embrace individual and organizational diversity.
- Through these efforts we will enhance our services, foster our own personal and professional development, and advance the health of our communities.